As far as we’re concerned, fried chicken and pickles were pretty much made for each other. Which is why we’ve been perfecting our fried chicken recipe for a while now. So here it is legends – cirspy, juicy and the best way to feed a crowd come game night.
- A couple packs of chicken drumsticks
- Brine from the Aussie Gherkin
- 4 cups buttermilk
- Plain flour
- Spices of choice (we like cayenne and smoked paprika)
- A big bottle of canola oil
1. Dunk chicken in Aussie Gherkin brine and refrigerate overnight
2. Pour buttermilk over chicken and refrigerate for a few hours
3. Combine flour with spices, plus salt & pepper
4. Cover chicken in flour mix and shake off excess
5. Heat canola in a saucepan over medium heat. Get that baby hot!
6. Fry chicken in batches for about 15-20 minutes, turning often
7. Remove and let cool on paper towel